[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Off season projects?
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Off season projects?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:26 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988
In the NE US here, winter is rapidly approaching. We've had heavy rains for a month plus, and temperatures are dipping into the 40ºF range more frequently. I was treated to an excellent weather weekend last weekend, and a buddy & I made the most of it with a good tear - but those 'gimmes' are becoming scarce. The bikes will 'up' by Christmas, and probably remain so until April at the earliest, more likely May - once the rains have washed away the salt & silt that likes to mucky up our corners. It stinks, but it does give us time to get our knuckles busted without missing any riding time.

So, who else is similarly afflicted, and whatcha got planned? I'll go first ...

The Monster: early spring I plan to send the forks off to Traxxion Dynamics or WP for either stage one or two upgrade - sprung appropriately to my weight & riding style, at the minimum. Possibly revalved, we'll see how saucy I feel at the time. Also considering sending my headers off to JetHot for a ceramic coating. Not so much for performance reasons (although a slight added benefit) but mainly to clean them up and hopefully extend the life of the metal. With 37k on them, they're looking the part and I'd like the exhaust to last. While the forks are off, I need to try & re-route my throttle cables, too. I also have a crankcase breather to be installed. And cosmetically, I'd like to have the tank touched-up and a couple coats of clear shot onto it ...

As for the Paso, it's valve service time, and I'm going to use MBP's collets to replace the half-rings. I'd also like to implement the wiring upgrades everybody raves about but that's after I get jfiore's excellent Weber carb upgrades done. The new battery this season has been great, so I'm not concerned with the electricals, but I'd still like to improve upon what's there. But my current carb jetting has gotta go. Cosmetically I'd like to replace all the wellnuts :P, as I lost the first one this season. :( Oh yes, and speedo cable #4 needs to be installed ...

What's everybody doing in their downtime? Doesn't have to be limited to your Paso, all you multi-bike owners ...

1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:24 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:01 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
Top on my project list is finishing my long term 750 GT rebuild. It's getting there, slowly.

More info at:

After that there is the 250 I recently got from fellow member Wiggs. (Thanks again!):

I've wanted single cylinder Duc for some time and am looking forward to playing around with this one. I swore I wouldn't work on it until the 750 was done, but it seems I've already ordered a part or two for it. D'oh!

And then there's the 160 Monza Jr. that was next to the 250. It's not nice to break up a set, so I brought that home too. The plans for Jr. are a little less clear - not sure what I'll do with it. Though I did buy a new (not square) tank for it already! (these are the pics Mike sent me of the bikes before I went to look at them btw...)

Along with those, I need to do rather extensive maintenance on the 907 since it's been sitting neglected for so long. And also give the 996 a little TLC so it can be ready to run once spring rolls around.

But before ANY of this, I need to set up my "shop". Last weekend I went back to Minnesota to retrieve some of the shop tools my dad had. Now I have a drill press and a lathe in pieces on my floor, awaiting reassembly in their new home. This will require a total re-do of everything I have set up right now since there isn't all that much room. My "put it there for now" approach to shop decor just won't cut it anymore!

I figure I'll get about 25% of everything done before it's riding season again... things always take longer than I think they will, and the toy fund seems to get depleted faster than I imagine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:46 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:06 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750